Reporting to the Director of Construction or Regional Director T&D, the is responsible for supporting the Supervisors as a Technical Advisor at the field level. The incumbent will trouble shoot difficulties and help implement the preferred work solutions to ensure the project is being completed as per client, schedule, and cost. They will also ensure that the Client requirement are being followed at the field level.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Actively engaging Supervisors by having a focused field presence to improve safety performance and address concerns.
• Leading by example, continually showing support of the client and company safety initiatives.
• Acting as a change agent in the transition to a Zero Injury/Occupational Illness culture.
• Working closely with Operations Management in managing aspects of safety including incident prevention, training compliance and addressing concerns.
• Educating Supervisors on the appropriate steps for reporting all incidents, client safety concerns and regulatory involvement to the H&S Director and Operational Management team
• Collaborating with the Work Methods Specialist in the development of job safety analysis and safe work procedures as required.
• Ensuring standard work practices are understood and followed through mentorship and coaching on the technical aspects in the field
• Conducting audits of the standard work practices to assist Supervisors, Foreman and leadership in developing processes to improve efficiencies and overall productivity
• Coordinating with Project Manager to ensure equipment is being utilized cost effectively
• Collaborating with Director of People and Mobility and Project Manager to forecast the Project’s work force requirements and ensure proper utilisation of existing human resources to meet project deadlines (deploying the right skill sets for the right job.)
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) P a g e | 2
Human Resources – Position Descriptions Revision Date: March 1, 2019 Rev: 01
• Collaborating with Supervisors to identify and execute opportunities for continual improvement at the project site level
• Providing strategic input to the identification and continuous improvement of training and career development opportunities and initiatives that align with company mission and technical aspects of the construction work
• Collaborate with Work Methods Specialist, Project Managers (PMS), and Supervisors to execute standard work in the field
The accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
I. Support Supervisors for technical needs
II. Provide guidance to Supervisors on the proper/safe execution of work tasks according to client and company standards
III. Work with Supervisors to identify and train individuals for competencies assessors
IV. Assist in developing technical work practices to improve safety, quality and consistency. Final sign-off on alterations to existing work practices
V. Assist in the development of bid document components related to safety or technical aspects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Journeyperson Powerline Technician (PLT) trade certification is required
• Ten (10 +) years’ supervisory experience with Utility/Powerline Construction Industry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines
• Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
• Excellent organization skills and ability to manage a wide variety of issues simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to build strong relationships with employees and clients
• Strong written skills
This position requires candidates to:
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing to obtain clearance for site access.
• Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract.
• Requires regular travel to various project sites and office locations (80% travel/field)
• Complete background screening and criminal record check.
Forbes Bros offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, Pension, and rewarding career opportunities!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.