Welcome to the NEW STANDARD in Employers. With over 40 years of dedicated experience, Forbes Bros is a company you can rely on for any project within the utility sector. Our alignment with like-minded companies provides us with the expertise, equipment, and resources to deliver safe, reliable, and efficient solutions to our clients every time.
FB Bullet, A Forbes Bros Company is interested in meeting energetic individuals who want to be a part of the underground utility section of the Forbes Bros family. Where we are committed to growing and developing our teams and leveraging our greatest resource to do so – our people. FB Bullet has a new expansion opportunity in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, and are focused on attracting the highest calibre, people. We are looking for individuals that align with our values so that we may set a new standard in this market and ensure that we are the contractor of choice long into the future.
Don’t miss your opportunity to become a part of the growing Forbes Family!
As a Construction Restoration Foreman, you will support all phases of civil construction for various types of restoration projects.
Must have a valid driver’s license, be knowledgeable in civil construction with an emphasis on concrete and asphalt, be able to read markups or blueprints, and have excellent communication skills.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Organize, schedule and manage crews for the successful completion of concrete, asphalt, civil and brick restoration projects. Determine the method of construction, manpower required, equipment and material needed to maintain quality and manage project costs
- Schedule additional services and/or subcontracts required for completion of restoration civil projects, which may include but to limited to permitting and/or first calls
- Directly responsible for the daily planning, set up and supervision of all day to day work activities to ensure that established goals and objectives are met
- Manage relationships with all field staff, sub-contracts and clients at the project level, fostering a relationship of trust and mutual respect
- Provide training/ mentoring of crew members on the construction techniques in the field
- On-site documentation tasks include:
- Photos pre and post-construction
- Customer change requests
- Daily logs and timesheets
- Completion of QA/QC quality reports
- Billing requirements for the sites completed
- Field measuring of sites to coordinate restoration work required
As the successful candidate, you will have:
A minimum of 2-5years experience working with concrete
A minimum of 2-5years experience working with asphalt
Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel Word etc.)
Knowledge and understanding of safe work practices as they pertain to utility and municipal based civil construction
Experience supervising a small crew in the completion of civil restoration projects is preferred
Demonstrated Project Management skills
This position requires candidates to:
Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract
Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Travel and work overtime as required
What We Offer:
FB Bullet offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits plan, a rewarding pension program and a lucrative employee referral program. FB Bullet has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.