Forbes Bros – Accounting Assistant
Forbes Bros is currently recruiting a full-time accounting professional for the position of Accountant Assistant within our Edmonton office.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this role is responsible for maintaining, preparing, and reconciling accounts and contributes to the accounting month end close process. Also, this position assists with payroll and accounts payable and receivable workloads as required. In addition, responsible for promoting the Forbes safety culture, adhering to all provincial and federal laws, Forbes policy, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Daily and month end bank account reconciliations
- Treasury administrative duties
- Vendor credit application preparation
- Assisting with accounts receivable and payable workloads as required
- Assist with month end close and preparation of journal entries
- Preparation monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations working papers
- Assist in regulatory audits (WCB, indirect taxes, etc.) and annual audit processes
- Finance administration assistance
- Other projects and duties within the financial services department as assigned
- Assist with weekly and bimonthly payroll processing, tracking and recording of payroll data
- Prepare payroll related remittances
- Providing payroll reporting to Accounting
As the successful candidate, you will have …
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- 1 to 2 years of related accounting experience is required
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles and computerized accounting systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including VLOOKUP, Pivot Table, IF Functions)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to engage both internal and external clients
- Ability to work in a fast pace and changing environment
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros Group of Companies has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.