Forbes Bros is currently recruiting full-time Apprentice Powerline Technicians for projects within North Battleford, Saskatchewan.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair power lines and cables that run between distribution electrical systems, towers and poles.
- Assemble, erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles, towers and guy wires.
- Splice, solder and insulate conductors and related wiring to connect power distribution networks.
- Maintain and repair overhead and underground power lines and cables, and other associated equipment such as insulators, conductors, lightning arrestors, switches, transformers and lighting systems.
- Adhere to Forbes Bros Occupational Health and Safety rules and regulations;
- Perform other tasks related to this function as assigned
As the successful candidate, you will have …
- A Recognized Apprentice Card
- 3- 5 years experience working in the trade, with knowledge of distribution system preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take and/or provide direction
- Able to work in a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions
- Able to lift 25kgs or more on a regular basis
- Able to distinguish between colours
- Able to complete physically demanding work that includes bending, crouching, kneeling and climbing at heights
- Strong work ethic with a positive team attitude
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Travel and work overtime as required
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.