FB Timberline is currently recruiting a full time, energetic, self-motivated Executive Assistant for our North Carolina operations. Reporting to the Director of Project Management and Controls, the Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the planning, execution, control, and monitoring of linear utility construction projects, as well as the day-to-day functioning of the company as a whole including: filing, scanning, copying, data entry, tracking job progress and financials change orders time-sheet entry for the work crews as a backup, reporting functions, project scope change tracking, and other administrative duties as required.
The Executive Assistant is accountable for supporting the planning, execution, control and monitoring of every phase of Timberline transmission projects, and is also responsible to help ensure that project specific objectives are met or exceeded administratively.
The Executive Assistant will support a delivery team from within the Timberline Operations staff and support the team through the successful delivery of the project. As a critical part of the project management team, support of all project managers is required both remotely (electronic) and from the project site as required.
The Executive Assistant will have access to sensitive personal data including wages, disciplinary proceedings and other documents that must remain confidential at all times. To this end, the successful applicant must pass a background check and sign a confidentiality letter of understanding.
- Responsible for monitoring team focus on Safety, Quality and Productivity
- Assisting to maintain the budget for all ongoing projects, reporting any variances
- Read, review and understand the project requirements and scope of work for Transmission line and Substation projects
- Support the Director of Project Management in overseeing the overall execution of the projects and work with technical and support managers to suggest adjustments to schedule, personnel and equipment to ensure project is completed on time and on budget
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to assist in development of budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project
- Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the projects
- Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for personnel
- Supports the review of the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers
- Assists with ensuring that projects meet or exceed goals established in the project plans
- Works with the key project individuals to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work
- Supports the Project Management team in maintaining current and timely change orders
- Assists with monitoring and reporting to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule
- Performs duties related to site administration including management of project related information and documentation, and maintenance of project files.
- Coordinates with Human Resources & Project Management team to review on-boarding documents for field personnel and potential hires
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Assist with creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Assist with Quality assurance documents and reports for internal and external report
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Three (3) plus years in a Executive Assistant, Project Coordinator or Assistant Project Manager role
- Demonstrable and verifiable experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or working towards, University Degree in a relevant field, P.Eng (or eligible) and/or suitable relevant Education and direct project leadership experience
- Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in linear construction projects, Distribution and or Transmission Powerlines, Substations and/or Pipelines
- Proficient with Microsoft software
- Proficient with computers.
Excel proficiency and good writing skills a must.
- Frequent travel to site
- Extended stay at remote sites
Education and Experience
- Coursework in Construction Management or Engineering field.
- 5+ years of construction experience
Skills and Abilities
- Task-orientated with strong attention to details and follow through
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Strong ethics, professionalism, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Able to build strong relationships with employees and clients
This position requires candidates to:
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing to obtain clearance letter for site access
- Valid Driver’s licenses and acceptable divers abstract is required, as this position requires driving and site visits
- Requires regular travel to various project sites and office locations
- Ability to travel to and work at project locations situated throughout North America
FB Timberline offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, 401k, and rewarding career opportunities!
FB Timberline is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.