Forbes Bros is currently recruiting a full-time professional for the position of Chief Estimator within our Edmonton AB and Denver CO office.
Reporting to the Vice President Estimating, the Chief Estimator oversees the development of various types of estimates from conceptual estimates for proposals and early conceptual studies, to detailed estimates for on going pursuits.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the overall quality and accuracy of the estimate such as: equipment and material pricing guidelines, material take-off allowances, escalation philosophy, and site labour productivity factors, full management of the subcontractor pricing strategies and bid levelling.
- Shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations
- Provide conceptual and final estimating input on complex work or complete total bid pricing
- Resolve technical matters during negotiation and contract execution.
- Researches and analyzes cost data for review and presentation to management
- Additional related duties as assigned
As the successful candidate, you will have:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent industry experience with 10 to 15+ years in estimating plus supervisory experience
- Experience working with Hard Dollar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, attention to detail, with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal communications and negotiation skills
- Highly effective at building and managing client/vendors relationships
- Flexible, willing to work long hours if required
- A self-motivated individual that requires minimum supervision and with goal and team oriented attitude
- Ability to coach and mentor
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract
- Travel to various project sites and office locations
- Complete background screening and criminal record check
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted