Civil Equipment Operator
Are you looking for long term employment with a proven employer? As a member of the FBL team you will enjoy many career advancement opportunities such as development training, career growth, and promotional opportunities from within.
Forbes Brothers Ltd, OA FB Bullet is looking for qualified individuals to join our growing team. Specializing in underground utility construction FB Bullet offers a competitive compensation package, benefits and pension contribution. We are currently looking for Operators . Specializing in shallow utility construction FB Bullet staff all report to our main office in Surrey and travel to work sites with their designated crews in company vehicles. We offer full-time year-round work with a vast opportunity for overtime due to the nature and demand of our work.
Civil Equipment Operator:
The ideal candidate must have experience as an operator in the civil industry. The role of Operator r will be responsible to report to the Crew Leader and execute the day-to-day activities of digging with the crew. As a valued member of our team, you will be able to support and take instructions from crew leader in order to safely complete tasks.
- Operate heavy equipment · Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS
- Ability to read and understand civil drawings with a proficiency to make calculations and adjustments in grades
- Experience working on and or around busy roads
- Familiar with removal of asphalt and concrete
- Experience with installation of hydro/tel components would be a large asset
- Experience working with shoring systems
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member while equally motivated working independently
- Ability to adhere to the highest safety and quality standards
- Due to the demand of our workload, all crews are scheduled Monday-Friday with the opportunity for weekend work quite frequently. Nightshift work is also scheduled on a less frequent basis
- All shifts are scheduled for 8-10 hours, and due to the type of work we perform can extend past that
- Daily overtime/double time is offered in all FB positions
- Class 1 or 3 preferred
- Preferred experience in underground utility construction, hydro/telecommunications considered an asset
- Physically fit and able to provide hands on assistance to crew members
- Must be safety orientated
- Ability to take and execute instructions and duties assigned to you
- Lead by example attitude
- Existing knowledge of WorkSafeBC standards and policies is an asset for this position
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.