Are you looking for long term employment with a proven employer? As a member of the FBL team you will enjoy many career advancement opportunities such as development training, career growth, and promotional opportunities from within.
Forbes Brothers Ltd, OA FB Bullet is looking for qualified individuals to join our growing team. Specializing in underground utility construction FB Bullet offers a competitive compensation package, benefits and pension contribution. We are currently looking for Labourers. Specializing in shallow utility construction FB Bullet staff all report to our main office in Surrey and travel to work sites with their designated crews in company vehicles. We offer full-time year-round work with a vast opportunity for overtime due to the nature and demand of our work.
The ideal candidate will either have previous experience as a Construction Labourer or seeks the opportunity to join our growing team and advance their knowledge and skill base. The role of Civil Labourer will be responsible to report to the Crew Leader and execute the day-to-day activities of their crew. As a valued member of our team, you will be able to support and take instructions from crew members with assigned duties to gain and improve efficiencies.
- Receive duties, delegations from the Crew Leader, and assist crew members execute these tasks
- Work closely with all crew members, and learn the construction industry standards
- Complete installation of conduit and other utility infrastructure with crew members
- Work on tight timeline power outage worksites
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized work site
- Able to problem solve through coordination with Crew Leader
- Ensure quality of work meets or exceeds expectations
- Complete daily pre-trip inspections on company equipment/vehicles
- Participate and engage in daily Tailboard meetings, identify hazards and assist in crew compliance to safety policies and regulations
- Work with construction equipment such as compactors, shoring, core drills, various hand tools
- Ensure all small tools assigned to crew are cleaned, stored and maintained properly
- Work closely with Crew Leader/Lead Hand to install conduit per specifications to correct grades/elevations
- Assist drivers and vehicles navigate through busy work sites via proper hand signals and guidance
- Due to the demand of our workload, all crews are scheduled Monday-Friday with the opportunity for weekend work quite frequently. Nightshift work is also scheduled on a less frequent basis
- All shifts are scheduled for 8-10 hours, and due to the type of work we perform can extend past that
- Daily overtime/double time is offered in all FB positions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence, Class 1 or 3 preferred
- Preferred experience in underground utility construction, hydro/telecommunications considered an asset
- Physically fit and able to provide hands on assistance to crew members
- Must be safety orientated
- Ability to take and execute instructions and duties assigned to you
- Lead by example attitude
- Existing knowledge of WorkSafeBC standards and policies is an asset for this position
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.