Welcome to the NEW STANDARD in Employers. With over 40 years of dedicated experience, Forbes Bros is a company you can rely on for any project within the utility sector. Our alignment with like-minded companies provides us with the expertise, equipment, and resources to deliver safe, reliable, and efficient solutions to our clients every time.
FB Bullet, A Forbes Bros Company is interested in meeting energetic individuals who want to be a part of the underground utility section of the Forbes Bros family. Where we are committed to growing and developing our teams and leveraging our greatest resource to do so – our people. FB Bullet has a new expansion opportunity in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, and are focused on attracting the highest calibre, people. We are looking for individuals that align with our values so that we may set a new standard in this market and ensure that we are the contractor of choice long into the future.
Don’t miss your opportunity to become a part of the growing Forbes Family!
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safe operation of small/light equipment.
- Install pipe according to manufactures instructions or client specifications.
- Ensure the safety of your team members.
- Participate in all daily site safety meetings and comply with all safety standards
- Complete daily equipment service checks and daily inspection logs (pre-trip inspections).
- Follow the instructions of the Superintendents/Foreman.
- Communicate effectively with crew and equipment operators
- Installs electrical, water, sanitary sewer, and stormwater collection systems and related construction duties
- Installs all classes of pipe, manholes & hydrants
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Spread sand, dirt or other loose materials onto surfaces.
- Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines or hand tools.
- Compact materials to create level bases.
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools.
Working conditions and physical requirements:
- Working in and around heavy equipment
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Extensive shovelling and raking will be required
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50lbs.; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50lbs.with assistance
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a civil pipelayer
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Must have a general knowledge of the principals involved in the operation of construction and maintenance methods and procedures
- Able to work well with others as well as independently
- Able to follow instruction and adhere to safe work practices
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Travel and work overtime as required
What We Offer:
FB Bullet offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits plan, a rewarding pension program and a lucrative employee referral program. FB Bullet has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.