Forbes Bros has over 40 years experience with a diverse workforce across Canada and the United States. Aligning ourselves with like-minded companies that have complementary skills, values and service allows us to complete any project of any size or scope in the utility sector. FB Timberline, A Forbes Bros Company is looking for energetic individuals who want to be a part of the Forbes Bros family. Where we work hard, safe, and deliver solutions.
To support operational growth, FB Timberline is looking for Class A Linemen for Live Line Barehand work on the Duke Energy system in the Carolina’s regions. Working under the direction of a Superintendent, the Barehand Lineman will work in the construction and maintenance of energized overhead transmission systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Job Functions (day to day responsibilities):
- 100% safe work mindset while performing maintenance or repair work of energized overhead work
- Capable of working in Sub-Foreman role planning daily activities, assess site hazards, ensure hazards are eliminated and or controlled and communicated to all workers on site
- Ability to read prints for site layouts, and various structure types, including wood and steel
- Repairing, removing and replacing transmission structures on both energized and de-energized lines
- Slack/tension string overhead conductor, sets poles, and anchors
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others
- Understands and can develop grounding procedures and install and remove grounding safely on de-energized circuits
- Properly inspect and maintain live line tools and equipment for daily work activities
- Comfortable with working at heights and/or confined spaces
- Trained and can properly install, line switches, in-line floaters, in-line disconnects, modify switches, replace wave traps and also install and remove jumpers from clearance points and mobile transformers
- Ability to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so
- Willingness to work on energized transmission lines from 60kv up to 500kv
- DOL Journeyman Certificate
- 8 plus years experience as Journeyman Lineman
- 3 to 5 years experience in Transmission Maintenance
- 3 to 5 years experience in transmission energized work utilizing the barehand and hot stick methods
- Class A CDL is required
- Self-directed, outgoing personality and a team player
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Service orientated with strong communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage timelines effectively
- Work overtime as directed
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
FB Timberline offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, 401k, and rewarding career opportunities!
FB Timberline is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.