Are you looking for long term employment with a proven employer? As a member of the FBL team you will enjoy many career advancement opportunities such as development training, career growth, and promotional opportunities from within.
Forbes Brothers Ltd, OA FB Bullet is looking for qualified individuals to join our growing team. Specializing in underground utility construction FB Bullet offers a competitive compensation package, benefits and pension contribution. We are looking for applicants ranging from Crew Leaders, Lead Hands, Pipelayers, Operators and Labourers. Specializing in shallow utility construction FB Bullet staff all report to our main office in Surrey and travel to work sites with their designated crews in company vehicles. We offer full-time year-round work with a vast opportunity for overtime due to the nature and demand of our work.
The ideal candidate will either have previous experience as a Civil Crew Leader overseeing excavation and laying of pipework or have progressed to Lead Hand level and is looking to step up into a Crew Leader role. The role of Civil Crew Leader will be responsible to plan, execute and assist in the day-to-day activities of their crew. As a valued member of our team, you will be able to support and instruct crew members with assigned duties to gain and improve efficiencies.
- Handle creation of job duties and delegate tasks to site crews
- Read and interpret record drawings and blueprints
- Set elevations and grades for underground pipework, pads, vaults boxes and more.
- Oversee and Supervise subcontractors to work within tight power outage timelines
- Meet and deliver on customer set timelines
- Provide layout from working drawings and record as-builts
- Able to problem solve through coordination with management and engineering professionals.
- Ensure quality of work meets or exceeds expectations
- Complete daily pre-trip inspections and weekly audits on assigned crew vehicles; ensure compliance to company and transportation standards
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, production reports, Tailboard reports, change order information, schedule updates and email correspondence to keep Work Leaders and Supervisor informed of onsite tasks
- Assist Management with quarterly crew member reviews
- Participate and engage in weekly Crew Leader meetings aimed towards improving overall company efficiency
- Mentor, train and improve new and existing employees
- Due to the demand of our workload, all crews are scheduled Monday-Friday with the opportunity for weekend work quite frequently. Nightshift work is also scheduled on a less frequent basis
- All shifts are scheduled for 8-10 hours, and due to the type of work we perform can extend past that
- Daily overtime/double time is offered in all FB positions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence, Class 1 or 3 preferred
- Min 5 years in underground utility construction, hydro/telecommunications considered an asset
- Physically fit and able to provide hands on assistance to crew members
- Must be safety orientated
- Strong Leadership, communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Lead by example attitude
- Existing knowledge of WorkSafeBC standards and policies is a requirement for this position
- At FB Bullet all leaders are expected to act professional at all times and promote quality, safety and productivity
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.