Reporting to the Director, HSE, the WCB Disability Management Coordinator is responsible for the administration and management of workers’ compensation claims and the planning, coordination, and implementation of return to work (RTW) plans, accommodations, and other disability management strategies to reduce the impact of work-related injuries.
In addition to the above primary responsibilities, this role will also support estimating and bid completion for US operations, temporary vacation support for non-work-related benefits, short and long-term disability, and other HSE management functions.
- Process, manage and monitor workers’ compensation claims in Canada and the US
- Communicate with WCB adjudicators and case managers on claims related matters
- Assess and determine the validity of claims based on the application of state/province/Board policy
- Review claims for evidence of pre-existing conditions and seeks cost relief where appropriate
Reviews & Appeals
- Review compensation decisions and initiate appeals where appropriate
- Respond to and participate in worker initiated appeals
- Review claim disclosures and prepare or coordinate appeal submissions
- Provide guidance and support to injured team members
- Coordinate all aspects of the return to work/disability management process, including:
- Identifying potential RTW program candidates
- Communicating with physicians, therapists, and benefit providers to determine an employee’s health status, fitness to work, and physical limitations/restrictions
- Coordinating Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
- Reviewing and interpreting medical reports
- Preparing job descriptions/physical demands analysis
- Assisting employees in arranging appropriate rehabilitation treatment
- Working with managers to explore RTW options
- Coordinating worksite assessments and meeting with health care providers, benefit providers, and employees where necessary to facilitate the RTW process
- Maintaining regular contact with disabled employees throughout the RTW process
- Formalizing return to work plans and communicating to all affected parties
- Monitoring RTW plans and documenting employee progress
- Monitor, track and report injury-related data and cost impacts
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all claims and disability management cases
- Review claims costs, rate, and premium statements for accuracy
Disability Management Resource
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation, policies, and guidelines for each provincial and state jurisdiction
- Conduct research and keep abreast of trends in workplace health and safety and disability management
- Educate operations on Forbes Group of Companies’ injury management policies and procedures
- Provide training, support, and guidance to managers on how to carry out their injury management responsibilities.
- Build relationships with team members, management, and external parties in order to facilitate an effective disability management process.
- Act as the Forbes contact with external parties relating to Worker’s Compensation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing workers’ compensation claims and disability management
- Disability management experience in a multi-jurisdictional organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of the various workers’ compensation systems
- Understands and applies the principles of disability management
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
WHAT WE OFFER:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and 401K. Forbes Bros Group of Companies has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.