Forbes Bros – Equipment Operators – Project Based
Forbes Bros is interested in meeting energetic individuals who want to be a part of the utility sector. Where we are committed to growing and developing our teams, and leveraging our greatest resource to do so – our people. Forbes Bros has a new opportunity in Yorkton Saskatchewan and are focused on attracting the highest caliber people. We are looking for Experienced Equipment Operators that align with our values so that we may set a new standard in this market and ensure that we are the contractor of choice long into the future.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect sites for hazards and ensure the proper controls are in place
- Ensure underground utilities have been properly located and marked
- Inspect the truck and equipment prior to being used for deficiencies and proper functionality
- Operate loaders, Zoom Boom, Skid Steers, Backhoes, and excavators at the project site
- Experienced and able to operate mobile equipment including semi and/or dump trucks and trailers
- Follow up with site representative and ensure work satisfies their requirements
- Maintain relationships with all on site contractors
- Prepare field tickets and hazard assessments
- Experience operating Texoma or other vertical drill rigs would be an asset
- Perform other tasks related to this function as assigned
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A valid Class 1 Operator’s License
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience operating one or all of the following equipment: loaders, Zoom Boom, Skid Steers, Backhoes, and excavators.
- Able to lift and carry 50 to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to work in a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Ground disturbance level II
- Understanding of underground utilities is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper log book entry and pre-trip inspection
- English proficiency with the ability to read, comprehend, and execute written work plans
- Honest, punctual and reliable
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract. Preference will be given to those with their 1A license
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Travel and work overtime as required
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.