To support our operational growth, Forbes Bros is currently recruiting for an experienced mobile Field Technician to support our projects teams throughout Canada including projects in Manitoba and Ontario.
Under the direction of the Fleet Maintenance Manager, the Mobile Field Technician maintains, repairs and overhauls heavy vehicles and industrial equipment at our Powerline Construction Project Sites.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Ability to operate a mobile service truck and support day to day operation of powerline utility equipment.
- Service and repair units as required, manage parts inventory and acquisition for repair work and maintenance.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and engine management faults.
- Conduct inspections and tests, repair or replace parts with limited resources in remote locations outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Work with third party vendors to schedule outsourced repairs and parts.
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance tasks and inspections
- Responsible to complete all permits, paperwork, and logbooks associated with service trucks
- Maintain service truck and keep stocked with tools and spare parts
- Assist with the start-up and commissioning of new project sites
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Self-directed, outgoing personality and a team player
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Service orientated with strong communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage timelines effectively
Education and Experience:
- Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade Certification (on and off road)
- Demonstrated experience diagnosing and repairing HD truck and powertrain components
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract; Class 3 license is preferred
- Radial boom digger derrick, Terex and Altec experience
- Air and electric brake trailers experience
- Backhoe and skid steer experience
- Light and medium duty pick up trucks.
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract.
• Willing and able to travel and/or reside in a camp setting
• successfully comply with pre-access Drug and Alcohol testing based on client requirements
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.