To support operational growth, FB Titan is looking for a Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our team. Reporting to the Fleet Manager/General Foreman, the Mechanic maintains, repairs FB Titan powerline equipment at our site locations in Cheyenne Wyoming and various other site locations.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all systems associated with work equipment (mechanical, electrical and hydraulic)
- Conduct inspections and tests, repair or replace parts with limited resources in remote locations outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Evaluate parts for reuse, repair or replacement
- Use various hand and power hand tools
- Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action in order to minimize the impact on crew production
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment
- Prepare and submit equipment maintenance records, time sheets, etc.
- Follows prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of service truck
- Working on heavy duty equipment such as Radial Boom Diggers, Bucket Trucks and Backhoes
- Responsible to complete all permits, paperwork, and logbooks associated with service trucks
- Assists other Technicians as needed
- Self-directed, outgoing personality and a team player
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Service orientated with strong communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage timelines effectively
Education and Experience:
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification from accredited Technical or Secondary College
- CDL Class A required
- Mechanical aptitude
- 5-8 years shop and field experience
- Hydraulic and crane experience considered an asset
- This position is field based – requiring candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid CDL acceptable driver’s abstract
FB Titan offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, and rewarding career opportunities!
FB Titan is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.