Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is currently recruiting a self-motivated HSE Advisor to join our team. This position will support our Transmission and Distribution divisions in Saskatchewan working out of various locations within Saskatchewan and travelling to projects as required.
Reporting to the Regional Health and Safety Lead and working daily with Operations – the successful candidate will be part of the team as a frontline resource for Health and Safety and support for various Distribution and Transmission projects across Saskatchewan.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
The accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance to field employees and foreman on the proper/safe execution of work tasks according to client, provincial and company standards.
- Act as a change agent in the transition to a Zero Injury/Occupational Illness culture.
- Assisting Workers, Supervisors, Managers and Leadership in performing hazard assessments, workplace inspections, incident investigations, and assessing compliance to applicable legislation and internal/customer protocols.
- Development of health and safety performance measures, and implementing the FBL HSE Strategic Business Plan.
- Support: Tailboard meetings, HSE training and orientations, corrective actions, and Project/HSE Business Plan initiatives, Near Miss/Good Catch Program.
- Working with our clients to complete: Project Safety Plans, Hazard/Risk Registries, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and HSE Audits.
- Support WCB Ability Management processes
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to address HSE related issues;
- Collaborating with field employees, supervisors and managers to identify and execute opportunities for continual improvement.
- Working closely with Operations Management in managing aspects of HSE including incident prevention, training compliance and addressing concerns.
- Reporting all incidents, client HSE concerns and regulatory involvement to the Regional H&S Lead and Operational Management.
- Actively engaging workers and supervisors by having a focused field presence to improve safety performance and address concerns.
- Leading by example, continually showing support of the client and company HSE initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years dedicated full-time experience as a HS&E practitioner in an industrial work environment (preference given to electrical utility and construction experience)
- NCSO (preference will be given to candidates maintaining CRSP designations in good standing)
- Knowledge/experience with HS&E Management Systems and audit tools including Certificate of Recognition (COR), OHSAS 18001 or CSA Z1000, and ISO 14001.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and team building skills, including the ability to lead by example, build consensus, actively listen, and engage/influence employees at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management, employees and clients.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and with a sense of ownership and personal commitment to a Zero Injury/Occupational Illness culture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with clients to achieve desired results.
- Task-oriented with strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Works well in a fast paced, change-oriented team setting.
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Complete background screening and criminal record check.
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.