To support operational growth Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is currently recruiting an experienced Hydrovac Operator for our North Battleford region.
- Inspect sites for hazards and ensure the proper controls are in place
- Ensure underground utilities have been properly located and marked
- Inspect the truck and equipment prior to being used for deficiencies and proper functionality
- Meet with site representatives and receive plan for daylights, and holes needing excavated
- Set up equipotential bonding while excavating around primary power
- Control of excavation by maneuvering wand and vacuum hose
- Inspecting and proper use of PPE
- Load and unload hoses and dig tubes
- Replace nozzles and water hoses when needed
- Wash Hydrovac unit, clean interior
- Report any issues or required repairs to management
- Use of wireless remote for functions of hydrovac (e.g. boom movement, water on/off, vac on/off)
- Follow up with site representative and ensure work satisfies their requirements
- Maintain relationships with all on site contractors
- Preparing a field tickets and hazard assessments
- Knowing and using proper methods and procedures for the type of underground facility
- Emptying hydrovac in an appropriate approved area
- Filling at bulk water stations
- Provide instruction to swamper regarding required assistance and tasks to complete
- Drive hydrovac unit to and from sites
- Class 3 Operator’s License with Air
- Ground disturbance level II
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Boring/directional drilling experience an asset
- Understanding of underground utilities is preferred.
- Strong hand eye coordination, physical dexterity and attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry 50 to 100 pounds
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper log book entry and pre-trip inspection
- Able to establish strong working relationships
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.