To support operational growth Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is currently recruiting a Hydrovac Operator in training for our team! Working under the general supervision of the Crew Lead, the Hydrovac Operator is responsible for excavating using high-pressure water and vacuum in place of hand digging.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect sites for hazards and ensure the proper controls are in place
- Ensure underground utilities have been properly located and marked
- Inspect the truck and equipment prior to being used for deficiencies and proper functionality
- Meet with site representatives and receive a plan for daylights, and holes needing to be excavated
- Set up equipotential bonding while excavating around primary power
- Control of excavation by manoeuvering wand and vacuum hose
- Replace nozzles and water hoses when needed
- Use of wireless remote for functions of hydrovac (e.g. boom movement, water on/off, vac on/off)
- Follow up with site representative and ensure work satisfies their requirements
- Maintain relationships with all on-site contractors
- Prepare field tickets and hazard assessments
- Knowledge of the proper methods and procedures to use for the type of underground facility
- Empty hydrovac in an appropriate and approved area
- Perform other tasks related to this function as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A valid Class 3 Operator’s License
- Minimum of 0-2 years’ experience operating Hydrovac equipment
- Able to lift and carry 50 to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to work in a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, travelling, and working in adverse weather conditions
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Ground disturbance level II
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Understanding of underground utilities is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper logbook entry and pre-trip inspection
- English proficiency with the ability to read, comprehend, and execute written work plans
- Honest, punctual and reliable
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Remuneration and Benefits
Forbes Bros Ltd. offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and a rewarding employee pension plan! Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.