Forbes Bros Group of Companies is currently recruiting for the position of Indirect Tax Accountant within our Denver, Colorado office.
Reporting to the Manager of Tax, the Indirect Tax Accountant delivers on the day-to-day operations of the indirect tax function. This position is accountable for the compliance of indirect tax for all legal entities operating under the Forbes Group of Companies within Canada and the United States of America. With a primary focus on transactional tax, the successful incumbent will contribute to ad hoc projects focusing on operational excellence via consistent processes, automation, enhancements, and new project rollouts.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for US Sales/Use tax and Canadian GST/HST and PST compliance. Including preparing and filing State, Provincial and Local tax returns and payment processing.
• Ensures accurate and timely filing mandates are met for each state, province, and country.
• Assist with tax audits, including communication with the taxation authorities, management of audit process, evaluating and filing appeals, gathering internal and external data, working with internal and external business unit contacts, legal counsel and subject matter experts as needed, as well as documentation of issues and resolution
• Document and maintain tax policy on behalf of all Forbes entities
• Monitor regulatory tax developments and tax law changes
• Ensure transactions align with technical analysis and recommendations to the organization related to nexus determinations, exemption decisions, tax decisions, etc.
• Prepares tax-related journal entries
• Research and document taxability of company product/service offerings and ensure treatments are understood and adopted internally
• Work cross-functionally with departments (including operations and estimating) to provide guidance on tax implications of bids/contracts and associated input costs
• Participates in acquisition-related sales & use tax due diligence including exposure analysis
• Prepare and file State personal property tax filings
• Monthly review of indirect tax related account reconciliations
• Assist in the set-up and maintenance of systems and software that relate to sales and use tax transactions
• Work with Finance and Operations Teams to ensure accurate taxability for AP and AR transaction
As a successful candidate, you will have:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Post Secondary Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
• Completion of, or progress towards, Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) or Certificate Member of the Institute-Sales and Use Tax (CMI) designations preferred, but not required
• 1-3 years of applicable indirect tax experience
• Strong foundation of indirect tax technical, analytical and compliance skills and experience
• Intermediate knowledge of, and experience with, indirect tax principles and law
• Experience working in a shared service model is preferred
• Experience working in a rapidly expanding, multi-entity organization with multi-jurisdictional regulatory requirements
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Experience in the construction industry is preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Hands-on contributor with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
• Pro-active and can partner with finance leadership and cross-functional department leaders of a multi-entity, cross border organization to ensure its financial success
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Takes Initiative and applies sound judgment in problem resolution
• Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks
• Detail and process-oriented
• Effective oral and written communicator with all levels within the organization
• Collaborative and flexible work style with a strong service mentality
• Creative approach to problems and operations
How to apply: Please apply online with a resume/cover letter and quoting Comp # 20210601_Tax Accountant
Closing Date: June 30, 2021
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros Group of Companies offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits plan, and a rewarding 401K program. Forbes Bros Group of Companies has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.