To support operational growth Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is currently recruiting a Labourers for our team in Fort McLeod, Alberta and Area!
Working under the general supervision of the Crew Foreman, the Labourer will perform basic tasks involving physical labour on electrical distribution system projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Dig and backfill trenches
- Pull and place underground and overhead cable
- Carry and move materials as needed
- Operate small equipment and hand tools
- Act as a spotter for vehicles and equipment
- Site setup and cleanup, ensuring trash, debris and potential dangerous materials from the construction site are removed
- Assist craft/crew members with work
- Perform additional labourer duties as assigned
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Must have general knowledge of the principles involved in the operation of construction and maintenance methods and procedures
- Able to work well with others as well as independently
- Able to follow instruction and adhere to safe work practices
- Attention to detail
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract. Preference will be given to those with their 1A license
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Travel and work overtime as required
Project based approx. January 2021 – May 2021
Forbes Bros Ltd. offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, and a rewarding employee pension plan!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.