To support operational growth, FB Bullet is looking for a Commercial Transport or Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our team. Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Lead, the Mechanic maintains, repairs and overhauls heavy vehicles and industrial equipment at our Surrey, British Columbia garage.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all systems associated with work equipment (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic)
- When required performs field service calls
- Evaluate parts for reuse, repair, or replacement
- Confer on a regular basis with Manager on any operational deficiencies
- Use various hand and power hand tools. Candidate must supply metric and std hand tools up to 1 1/2” (38mm) socket and wrench size and chest that is suitably equipped for general mechanical work in a heavy fleet shop.
- Operates equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist in assignments
- Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action to minimize the impact on crew production
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material, and equipment
- Prepare and submit equipment maintenance records, time sheets, etc.
- Follows prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of shop, maintenance of shop tools and equipment, loading/unloading and storage of equipment, including service trucks
- Working on heavy duty and on road equipment such as excavators, wheel Loaders, backhoes, digger derrick trucks, aerial bucket trucks, trailers, and dump trucks
- Assists other Technicians as needed
- Self-directed, outgoing personality and a team player
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Service orientated with strong communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage timelines effectively
- Strong mechanical aptitude with effective interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker
- Experience working in a fleet shop
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Legally allowed to work in Canada
- Gas, electrical welding, and fabrication skills an asset
- Proficiency using diagnostic software, meters, gauges etc.
- Experienced with Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic system repairs and maintenance
- Physically fit with the ability to work in conditions which may include varying weather and temperatures, heavy lifting (50 lbs / 23 kgs) and cramped quarters.
- Ability to work through ambiguously worded driver repair requests by drilling down to the root cause and performing effective repairs
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and after-hours emergency service call ins as required
Education and Experience:
- (Red Seal) Journeyman Inter Provincial Truck and Transport Mechanic and/or Heavy Equipment Technician Certification. TQ’s will also be considered.
- High school graduation or BCAGD.
- CVIP Inspectors licence an asset
- BC Crane Safety Certificate min. level: Crane Mechanic Certification an asset
- Forklift operators Certificate an asset
- Class 3 license with air, a clean Drivers Abstract, Class 1 Driver’s License will be considered an asset
- Minimum 6 years shop and field experience
- Experience repairing and servicing digger derrick trucks, aerial bucket trucks, small and medium sized construction equipment, back hoe’s, dump trucks, utility vans, light duty trucks, various types of trailers and another equipment and vehicles that could be found working in a civil construction and overhead powerline company
- Hydraulic, aerial manlift, digger derrick and crane service training courses or certifications considered an asset
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.