To support operational growth, FB Timberline is looking for an experienced NCCCO Crane Operator. Reporting to a Construction Manager, the Operator will operate various cranes at project sites, as well as have the knowledge and experience in the powerline construction industry. This position is project based and may work in remote areas.
The day to day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Operate the crane in a safe and appropriate manner
- Ensure lifts are to engineered lift plans
- Lifting tower components, and complete towers
- Ensure rigging is maintained and certified
- Ensure lift calculations are done
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance
- Report any damages or repair needs to the appropriate parties
- Abide by all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as all company safety procedures
- Commit to the overall safety of the work environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience operating the respective site of crane, preference given to those with powerline experience
- Must have NCCCO Crane Certificate, c/w LBC, TLL, TSS
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Understanding of utility construction is preferred
- Have and maintain a valid Class A CDL Driver’s License and acceptable driver’s abstract
- This position is field based – requiring candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid CDL acceptable driver’s abstract
- Travel and possibly have extended stays at various locations across the States
FB Timberline offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit plan, Matching 401K, and rewarding career opportunities. FB Timberline has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
FB Timberline is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.