Forbes Bros Group of Companies is currently recruiting for the position of Payroll Administrator within our Denver, Colorado office.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator is part of a team that is responsible for payroll processing for employees across the North America (USA & Canada). This role supports internal customers with payroll questions and is responsible for ensuring the weekly and bi-monthly payroll cycle deadlines are met.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Process weekly/bi-weekly payroll, in ERP (Viewpoint)ADP for employees across multiple US and Canadian jurisdictions
- Provide Vacation backup for Canadian pay runs
- Create and review pay calculations with respect to all new hire’s terminations, pay changes, retro increases, etc. as well as any updates to payroll records for tax withholding, benefit deductions, and direct deposit changes
- Performing audits as required to ensure accurate system data and pay.
- Monthly payroll balance sheet reconciliations
- Knowledge and Experience in US and CAD Federal, State, and local payroll tax requirements.
- Run the monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports to reconcile the payroll accounts for accurate W2/T4’s.
- Union payroll setup utilizing all union collective agreements & policies and applying provincial and federal legislation
- Validate employee actions processed by the Data Capture group for completeness and accuracy
- Calculate, validate and enter retro-active and other adjustments required for employee timely and accurate employee payment
- Accurately file and assign employee information electronically adhering to documented procedures and timelines.
- Calculate final pay and pro-rating entitlements
- Create payroll and labour related reports as required
- Calculate, track, balance and approve documents (insurance billings to actual deductions/benefits, taxable billings, employee garnishees, employee expenses, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries and requests for payroll information from employees
- Contact managers and employees for additional information as required
- Participate in the development of new payroll policies and procedures
- Verify compliance with federal/provincial/state legislation
- Assist with Year-End activities and Special projects
As the successful candidate, you will have:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post Secondary Education relating to business administration (i.e., commerce, accounting, or management)
- A minimum of three (3) years ‘payroll processing experience is required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with Viewpoint and (ADP) software would be considered an asset
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively manages time and workload.
- Highly focused, organized, independent and detail oriented.
- An aptitude for technology
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities with strict deadlines
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros Group of Companies offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding 401K program. Forbes Bros Group of Companies has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.