Forbes Bros is currently recruiting a full time, energetic, self-motivated Project Administrator for our Thunder Bay operations. Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Project Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the project office including: answering phones, filing, scanning, copying, basic data entry, tracking work orders, material transfers, time-sheet entry for the work crews, reporting functions, and other administrative duties as required.
Essential Job Functions:
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Performs duties related to site administration including management of project related information and documentation, and maintenance of project files.
- Responsible for daily/weekly time-sheet entry for assigned project crews.
- Enter tracking reports into for Hydro’s reporting system
- Coordinates with Human Resources & Project Management team to obtain onboarding documents at the project site (i.e. completion of rehire forms, transfer forms, benefit forms and new hire packages)
- Booking accommodations and flights as required.
- Performs other related administrative or project based duties as assigned
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that clients’ needs for reporting are met as projects evolve
- Help prepare budgets
- Assist with project procurement management
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Assist with creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Assist with Quality assurance documents and reports for internal and external report
Education and Experience
- Post Secondary Diploma in Construction Management or Engineering field.
- 3 to 5 years of construction experience
Skills and Abilities
- Task-orientated with strong attention to details and follow through
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Strong ethics, professionalism, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Able to build strong relationships with employees and clients
This position requires candidates to:
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing to obtain clearance letter for site access
- Valid Driver’s licenses and acceptable divers abstract is required, as this position requires driving and site visits
- Requires regular travel to various project sites and office locations
- Ability to travel to and work at project locations situated throughout North America
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.