To support, operational growth and the Estimating Group, Forbes Bros is currently recruiting a full time, enthusiastic, self-motivated and service minded Proposal Manager for our North American operations.
Reporting to the VP, Estimating, the Proposal Manager is responsible for managing the Forbes Bros Group of Companies Proposal team. This team is comprised of technical writers responsible for submitting high quality proposals and prequalification’s for Major Projects across North America while leading both new and renewals as it pertains to our key client Master Service Agreements. This role is responsible for ensuring processes are as efficient and effective as possible, while ensuring standardization across Forbes’ operating entities exists. The incumbent provides the knowledge, technical skills, and experience required to lead the Proposal Department and enforce proposal review cycles, submission schedules, proposal tracking, and identifying new business opportunities. The primary focus is to liaison between Business Development, the Estimating Department and Senior Management across all operating entities to ensure that all proposals are prepared to the highest standard and compliant with client requirements. The proposal team is expected to develop relationships with clients to support Business Development activities.
This role can be based in Canada or the US, with flexible work arrangements, for candidates that are able to and willing to work remotely. Some travel to Regional or Corporate Offices may be required. If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join the Forbes Bros team today!
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support strategic corporate marketing campaigns – Actively work with Marketing, Business Development and Estimating teams to align strategic messaging and positioning for current and future bids, as well as provide document development and technical writing support, strategy review and analysis.
- Drive and support process development and schedule process reviews – Plan, organize and direct winning response plan, support Go/No go, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-process reviews, and ensure on-time delivery.
- Formalize value propositions – Develop opportunity-specific proposal win themes and merge them into articulate, compelling proposal documents. Prepare written and graphical elements of bid opportunity response documents.
- Facilitate interview planning sessions – Organize and participate in response-related meetings/oral presentations, and coordinate response-reviews and help align presenters on specific win themes.
- Support business development – Develop and submit proactive, professional and competitive proposals and other strategic initiatives within customer defined timeframes and requirements. Collaborate effectively across teams and/or partners.
- Manage proposal team – Analyze and communicate requirements and intentions with the proposal team and ensure proposals align with win themes and client expectations, are correctly formatted and approved by the management team. Manage bid clarification process and maintain register to track clarifications. Participate in handover of successful proposals to the project team.
- Support proposal coordinator(s) – Assist on major proposals when workload demands; i.e, highly complex bids, joint ventures, large values.
- Participate in industry organization – e.g. Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), construction associations that help build Forbes Bros brand.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in English, Business, or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ leadership experience and proven track record of proposal management for large, complex commercial and institutional construction projects
- Technical writing proficiency and skills necessary to produce high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents/presentations/interviews with competitive and compelling messages to satisfy client goals
- Capable of producing accurate work under pressure, with the ability to respond appropriately in stressful situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities with strict deadlines
- Highly focused, organized, independent and detail oriented.
- Effectively manages time and workload.
- Critical thinker: poses relevant questions that lead to successful outcomes.
- Capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with senior management and peers while encouraging and striving for accuracy, quality, and strategic outcomes.
- Reliable, team-player.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, open, service minded and spontaneous working attitude and communication style.
- Able to protect sensitive and proprietary information.
- Committed to quality and company values.
This position requires candidates to:
- Occasionally requires extended hours and possible weekend work to meet bid submission deadlines
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.