Forbes Bros is currently recruiting a full time, energetic, self-motivated Training & Development Coordinator for our Edmonton operations.
Reporting to the Manager of Director of Employee Experience, the Training & Development Coordinator is an integral member of the HR team and is responsible for the timely entry and organization of employee information in our Learning Management System (LMS) “The Vault”.
The responsibilities of this position will require, but are not limited to:
- Site owner and primary administrator for the LMS System ensuring that the LMS is the primary source of training records, competency assurance, and when necessary, building new training modules
- Document LMS system processes for the purpose of standardization and training guides
- Assist with the development of competency programs within the LMS system
- Research and source training resources related to identified employee requirements for knowledge, skill and competency development within LMS
- Assist Operations and HR with the development of employee training profiles
- Manage training records and training data input into LMS
- Maintain the accuracy of employee transfers across North America within the LMS system
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Work Methods, Director of Employee Experience and HR Manager to ensure the consistent design of materials input into the LMS system
- Apply adult learning methodologies in the development of course content.
- Apply sound instructional design principles to create engaging e-learning using various authoring tools.
- Apply principles of project management and instructional design to manage learning programs throughout their lifecycle (needs assessment, design, development, delivery, and maintenance)
- Contributes to standardization and evaluation of program offerings to improve delivery.
- Research best practices and industry trends with respect to content and delivery methods.
- Responsible for actively participating as an integral part of the Human Resources team
- Provide operational support on proper utilization of the LMS system
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects/initiatives as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post secondary diploma in Human Resources, Health and Safety or other relevant discipline required; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a corporate environment in an administrative or training coordinator capacity in Human Resources or Health and Safety, experience working in operations-based construction environment would be considered an asset.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in a Learning Management system, program and training development would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with systems administration, and demonstrated critical analysis, systems thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Suite required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Database systems administration focus with close attention to detail and data input
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of initiative, diplomacy, and discretion
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Proactive, self-directed and highly motivated
- Creative and coachable
- Strong inclination towards process improvement and innovation
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Friday January 22, 2021@ 4:00pm