Welcome to the NEW STANDARD in Employers. With over 40 year’s of dedicated experience, Forbes Bros is a company you can rely on for any project within the utility sector. Our alignment with like-minded companies provides us the expertise, equipment, and resources to deliver safe, reliable, and efficient solutions to our clients every time.
Don’t miss your opportunity to become a part of the growing Forbes Family!
Working under the general supervision of the Crew Lead, the Underground Driller is responsible for operating boring (drilling) equipment for installation of underground utility lines and/or gas/oil infrastructure on projects throughout Alberta.
The day to day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Ensure operation of drilling equipment
- Operate bore equipment (ditch witch)
- Read and interpret plans or diagrams and perform required work
- Communicate with co-workers for prep work and project coordination
- Regularly perform Health & Safety inspection of equipment and tools
- Adhere to FBL’s Health & Safety practices
- Follow equipment maintenance schedule and advise when repairs are required
- Perform other tasks related to this function as assigned
As the successful, candidate you will have:
- A valid Class 1 or 3 Alberta license or the provincial equivalent for province of residency is preferred, however will consider candidates with a Class 5 willing to obtain a Class 3
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience operating directional boring equipment including a ditch witch
- English proficiency with the ability to read, comprehend, and execute written work plans
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Able to work in a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions away from home
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Complete Supervisory Ground Disturbance II
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Regular travel and overtime is required.
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit plan, and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros Ltd. has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation, and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted