To support operational growth Forbes Bros is recruiting a Work Methods Specialist to join our Project Team in Salt Lake City, Utah!
The primary role of the Work Methods Specialist is to have a strong field presence while providing technical guidance relating to general, powerline, and utility construction work activities. In addition, the successful incumbent will provide operational support to standardize work methods and training to comply with company and client requirements.
Essential Job Functions
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure consistency across operations in the implementation of corporate, operational, division, and client initiatives. These include, but are not limited to:
- Integrated work planning (Safety, Quality and Operations)
- Critical task work planning for high risk activities
- Corporate HSE and WM standards
- Hazard control management including identification and mitigation of high risk tasks prior to work execution
- FB Leading Indicator Program
- Provide oversight in the management of the FB Explosives Program
- Support the implementation and execution of critical corporate standards under the direction of the Work Methods and Standards Director. These include live line, explosives, helicopter management, and EBG.
- Assist with and providing feedback on the development of templates, safe work practices, and technical procedures that assist in creating consistent methods for work execution.
- Assist in the coordination of training and field competency verification.
- Actively engaging workers and supervisors by having a focused field presence to improve safety performance, address concerns, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance to field employees and leadership on the safe execution of work tasks according to client and company standards.
- Monitor compliance to applicable worker protection and utility codes including equipotential bonding and grounding requirements.
- Collaborate with field employees, supervisors, managers, and industry leaders to aid in the continual improvement of FB standards.
- Assist in the development of bid documents related to safety or technical aspects.
- Act as a change agent, leading by example in the transition to a 100% Safe Work mindset and Operational Excellence safety culture.
- Ensure company, regulatory, and client safety requirements are met.
- Conduct site inspections, audits, tailboard meetings, safety meetings, orientations, training, and incident investigations as required.
- Work closely with Operations Management in overseeing aspects of safety, including incident prevention, training compliance, and addressing concerns.
- Seek industry best practices to aid in the development and enhancement of FB work methods.
- Report all incidents, client safety concerns, and regulatory involvement to the HSE Director and Work Methods and Standards Director.
- Provide support when required to other operating entities of FB.
Education and Experience:
- Journeyman Powerline Technician with 10 years related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a Supervisor role.
- Experience in leadership and managing the work of teams.
- Expert knowledge of powerline transmission and distribution work activities.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and legislative OH&S requirements, IEEE Standards, other related legislation, and industry best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead and motivate people.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to lead by example, build consensus, organize, active listener, keen sense of ownership, and responsibility.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Task-orientated with strong attention to details and follow through.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong ethics, professionalism, and interpersonal skills.
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid and acceptable driver’s abstract
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing to obtain clearance for site access.
- Requires regular travel to various project sites and office locations (75% travel/field)
- Complete background screening and reference check
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.